13 June 2008

Not that I'm against the philosophies of Christ, I think Christianity is just been warped too much into another avenue of feeling in control and lording over others through fear - thanks to their beginning as a bleed off from Ra-Amen (look into the single good Ahmen, the 1st recorded one god, many of the creation myths of Egypt.... hmmm) and rebellion mixed with the influences of the royal families in the middle ages... I like the peace aspect - but not what people did with it. Any way, there is too much contradiction, lack of structure, truth based upon irrational vs. rational basis, no solid, repeatable empirical information, anything that makes a philosophy strong. Not saying that there aren't some denominations that have worked out a consistent dogma that is logical with it's given assumptions, it just seems that this religion has the most denominations that DON'T maintain internal logic.

Yes, I was a Christian for 20 odd years. Yes I studied many other religions - Native American, a bit of Central and Meso-America, the religions (along with general anthropological - political - economic - cultural overviews) of ancient Egypt, Persian area, Greece, Teutonic and India, as well as a bit of Chinese/Japanese. Now I consider myself an empiricist. Yes, I've worked out my philosophy, argued it, tested it, questioned it, and now feel very confident of it. Also, I have an understanding of rational vs. irrational and maintaining the balance and having the rational overcome and check the irrational inputs and variations...

Blasphemous Rumours by Depeche Mode

Girl of sixteen, whole life ahead of her
Slashed her wrists, bored with life
Didn't succeed, thank the lord
For small mercies
Fighting back the tears, mother reads the note again
Sixteen candles burn in her mind
She takes the blame, its always the same
She goes down on her knees and prays

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that gods got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing

Girl of eighteen, fell in love with everything
Found new life in Jesus Christ
Hit by a car, ended up
On a life support machine
Summers day, as she passed away
Birds were singing in the summer sky
Then came the rain, and once again
A tear fell from her mothers eye

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that gods got a sick sense of humor
And when I die I expect to find him laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment!

These are the thoughts and feelings as they happen. The subject matter and verbage may be of a more mature nature, and may be considered sensitive by some. In respect for that, I shall try to remember to give headers (with some space before post) and attempt to just "suggest" sensitive verbage.





Peace, Blessings, I hope this can help some.